DEEPENING THE PRACTICE ~ LIVING THE PRACTICE
An Essential Immersion
This is two part program designed to take a deeper look at Yoga with Director of Holy Cow Yoga Center, Trace Sahaja Bonner. Many times we begin the practice of Yoga on the mat, and after some time we begin to see some transformation occurring. Maybe we feel better in the body and an overall sense of ease emerging from within us. If you are in the this space, then this program may give you your next step on this journey. We begin with Part One: Deepening the Practice exploring some key alignment cues for your practice on the mat. We will break down the elements of poses that will give our practice a boost of awareness to deepening our practice. (mon - wed - fri evening)
Part Two: Living the Practice explores the spiritual components of the practice such as the breathing and meditation practices. We will also look at the philosopical text of Yoga and see how it help us live more conscious and connected lives. (mon - wed - fri evening)
Join me for one or both of these fun and informative one week programs. Open to all, however some Yoga experience is highly recommended.
Part One: August 28 - September 1 (Mon, Wed, Fri evening 6:45pm - 9:45pm)
1. Prana & Apana - the balance of dualities
2. Legs and Arms - the alignment of body
3. Spinal Movement - action of body
4. Intention of Heart - setting our attitude
5. Breath & Movement - finding flow
6. Hatha History - our lineage
Part Two: September 11 - 15 (Mon, Wed, Fri evening 6:45pm - 9:45pm)
1. Take a Seat - the art of sitting comfortably
2. Take a Breath - the healing aspects of the ancient practice
3. Branches of Yoga - the paths of practice
4. The Royal Path - philosophical approach for awakening
5. The Obstacles to Staying Awake - the pitfalls to the practice
6. Rituals & Chanting the Sacred - the path of the heart
The Participant: The ancient teachings of Yoga were once handed down from teacher to student, only when the student was ready. We believe that lineage is still important, and for that reason we encourage participants to have a a current steady Yoga practice before embarking on this program.
The Result: Upon completion of the Living Your Yoga Program, you are eligible to receive a Certificate of Completion from Holy Cow Yoga Center/500 Hour Training School. For those participating to enrich their practice and knowledge, you'll find that this experience will give you the opportunity to reach new heights within your Yoga practice. This program is an excellent prepartory for our Foundational Teacher Training program.